When it comes to fundraising, it is important to host innovative events that will encourage people to dig deep. Colour Runs, sometimes known as Colour Dashes, are running/walking events which involve participants being covered in brightly coloured powder paint throughout the route. Colour Runs are enjoyable events for everyone - whether you are a participant or a spectator - they are also a great way of raising money, through entry fees, sponsorships and post-run refreshments.
The Origins of a Colour Run
Although a Colour Run is a unique type of fundraising event, the inspiration behind the idea derives from the Hindu Holi festival, where people throw Holi colour powder over each other as an act of celebration.
The festival originated in India, however, it's widely celebrated in places all over the world and has been the inspiration behind many other events.
Hosting a Colour Run with Running Imp
As leading event suppliers, we are proud to be one-stop-shop for colour run supplies. Our Colour Event Supplies range covers all aspects which should be taken into consideration when hosting your own colour event including station flags, disposable coveralls, additional accessories, and most importantly the colour powder itself.
Once you have decided on your location, you should consider the distance you wish the participants to cover. A 5K Colour Run is ideal as it is easily achievable -either running or walking- for both children and adults. Having an achievable distance is important in order to encourage as many people as possible to consider participating in the event; the more participants, the more money raised for charity!
Colour Run Checklist
Once the basis for the event is planned, it is vital to make sure you have everything you need to ensure that the event will be a success!
- Colour Run Kit – These are a simple way to entice people to sign up to the event and increase plenty of excitement on the day. Put together a kit bag which includes lots of fun accessories and other novelty items to give out to your runners before the event begins. Rainbow Wigs, Tutus, Bandanas and Hawaiian Garlands are great fun to go in the kit bags and get everyone looking brilliant for the photos!
- Protective clothing- Disposable Coveralls, Elasticated Shoe Covers, and White T-shirts provide ultimate protection to your runners.
- Colour Station Flags- Let your runners know exactly what colour powder they are about to be showered with using our Colour Station Flags! Our flags are all matched with our colour powders, with a 9th flag featuring all 8 colours that can be used at the finish line!
- Charity Collection Buckets- Our charity buckets come in a wide variety of colours- perfect for this colourful event!
- Additional Event Supplies - Barrier Tape, Megaphones, Mile Marker Signs, Safety Cones, and Start & Finish banners are also important supplies for your day and you can find them all at Running Imp.
Colour Powder at Running Imp
As the UK’s number one company for colour run supplies, our colour powder is cheaper per kilo than all our competitors’ – offering you more powder for your money produced to EN-71-3 Standards.
- Brimming with powder for your colour run stations are our 20kg Mini Colour Powder Drums, which are available in a range of colours including Neon Green, Tango Orange, Canary Yellow, Vivid Violet, Heatwave Red, Electric Blue & Neon Pink.
- In addition to powder drums, we stock highly powerful 5kg Colour Cannons filled with colour powder that can blow over large areas. These are fun to use at the start in order to give the participants a taste of what’s to come!
- For more fundraising opportunities, we stock a range of fun extras for colour runs such as our Colour Powder Pouches. These are perfect for either the Colour Run Kits or for selling at the event for additional fundraising.
- To accompany these, we also supply Colour Powder Bottles ideal for use at colour stations and at the colour powder party at the end!
Finally, if you'd like your participants to receive medals at the end of their run, our team of in-house designers are incredibly skilled in creating both bespoke and non-bespoke medals that can add the final finishing touch to your event.
When it comes to hosting a Colour Run event, you can trust that Running Imp has got everything you need to make the day a success. For more information on the products in our Colour Event range, please visit http://www.runningimp.co.uk/events/colour-neon-events/event-essentials.html